Take a virtual seat on the nose of my helicopter for a dawn flight from Wenatchee Pangborn Memorial Airport over Wenatchee toward Leavenworth. The sun has just risen behind us and it’s a beautiful day. See if you can see Glacier Peak in the distance and low clouds lying in valleys along the Wenatchee River. Hold on while I make a tight turn so my passengers can circle a friend of theirs stopped on a hilltop with his dirt bike. This is just 10 minutes of a 90 minute flight I made with clients today. No narration, no music; the only sounds are the wind and the helicopter, dialed down so they don’t deafen you.
About Me and the Helicopter
– I have been flying for about 20 years. My nearly 4,000 hours of flight time is in Robinson R44, Robinson R22, and Bell 206L (Long Ranger) helicopters.
– The helicopter is a 2005 Robinson R44 Raven II — the same one that appears in the photo at the beginning of the video. You can learn more about them here: https://robinsonheli.com/r44-specifications/ I own this helicopter. It is the third helicopter I’ve owned since 2000.
– My helicopter has ADS-B Out and is picked up by radar facilities. You can see my track for recent flights on Flightradar24: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n7534D This is a great site for tracking any almost any flight, including the airlines.
About the Video
– The video was recorded with a GoPro Hero 7 camera (https://amzn.to/2Lxyzwl) mounted on the nose of the helicopter. Audio comes from the camera’s built-in speaker and has been incorporated into this video at 25% normal volume.
– The video was edited on a Macintosh using Screenflow software. Learn more about it here: https://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm
– The intro music is by Bob Levitus, famed “Dr. Mac.” You can find him here: http://www.boblevitus.com/
I try to drop cockpit POV videos every Sunday morning and “extras” with more info about owning and operating a helicopter midweek. (Some channel members get early access to some of these videos.) I also host occasional livestreams with Q&A chats. Subscribe so you don’t miss anything new! And tell your friends. The more subscribers I have, the more motivated I am to keep producing videos.
Any Amazon links on my channel are affiliate links (https://amzn.to/32PLHTD). If you click one of them and buy something, Amazon sends me a few pennies. Enough pennies make a dollar. Enough dollars buy new equipment. It doesn’t cost you anything so I hope you’ll shop with one of those links. Thanks.
Still reading? Thanks! Maybe you’ll consider buying something from my Etsy store to help support this channel? Start here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlyingMAir
Or better yet, to support this channel on an ongoing basis, consider becoming a member. This link will get you started: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGD_GbGsS6YKK_Ekx0QMqQ/join